About me:

Monday, February 20, 2012

"I Had To Tell You"

This is one of my favorite songs and lyrics. I often listen to this song and/or read the lyrics when I want to contemplate and reflect on what is going on around me and how I feel about it. The words just seem to speak to me and open me in this manner. I often find the lyrics malleable to the particular circumstance I may find myself in. They just have a way of inspiring reflection for me. Hopefully if anyone is actually reading this they will enjoy these poetic words as well. The lyrics were written by Roky Erickson as the song "I Had To Tell You". It was performed and recorded in 1967 for the album Easter Everywhere by the 13th Floor Elevators, one of my favorite bands and a simply beautiful song. There is also a link at the end to listen to the song. I guess I just felt like I had to tell you.

Chaos all around me
With its finger clinging,
But I can hear you singing,
In the corners of my brain.

Every doubt has found me.
Every sound of riot.
Everything is quiet.
But the song that keeps me sane.

I can hear your voice
Echoing my voice softly.
I can feel your strength,
Reinforcing mine.

If you fear I'll lose my spirits,
Like a drunkard's wasted wine,
Don't you even think about it,
I'm feeling fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdpc50r5Ot4

No comments:

Post a Comment